To file a change to an existing notice, you must log in to the website, whether you are a user of a client account or a one-time user who has pre-paid fees. Once you log in, you will be on a Home page from which you can select the action you want to do. If you want to amend, continue or terminate an existing notice, select the "Change an Existing Notice of Security Interest" option to go to the File Change Notice screen.
The Filing Type Change Notice screen is used to add notices that relate to an existing notice of security interest. The types of change notices are Amended Notice, Continuation Statement and Termination Statement. In the first Filing Type Change Notice screen, you must provide the registration number of the initial notice to which the change relates, enter the Access Number for the initial filing and select the type of change notice you want to file. Then click the Next button to proceed to the second change notice screen, which will indicate the type of change notice you are entering. If you do not know the Access Number associated with the filing, you may contact the MINISTRY OF COMMERCE, CONSUMERS, TRADE, INNOVATION AND LABOUR to obtain that number.
- For an amended notice, first mark the name or names of each secured party who authorizes the Change Notice at the bottom of the screen. You may then add, delete or change information on debtors, secured parties and collateral by selecting the tab for the type of information to be added, deleted or changed.
- If the Change Notice adds a debtor, secured party, vehicle serial number/parcel number, click the appropriate tab and the "Add Additional Party" button.
- If the Change Notice deletes a debtor, secured party or vehicle serial number/paracel number, select the appropriate tab and click the X icon beside the entry for the item to be deleted.
- If the Change Notice changes information about a debtor or secured party, select the appropriate tab and click the Edit (pencil) icon beside the entry to be amended. The information will appear in the Add screen where you may change the information and then click the Update button.
- If the Change Notice changes the narrative description of collateral, click the Collateral tab and make the change to the description in the text box.
- If the Change Notice replaces an attached PDF document in the collateral tab, click on the browse button and select the new document. When its name appears in the box and you are sure it is the right document, click the Add Attachment button. The new document will then replace the old document.
- If the Change Notices replaces Other Information, click on the Other Information tab and make the changes to the description in the text box.
- For a continuation statement, first mark the name or names of each secured party who authorizes the continuation at the bottom of the screen. No further data entry is required, so you may then click the Review button, and then click the Confirm button in the Review screen. If the change is accepted by the system, it will automatically extend the period of effectiveness of the filed notice by five years. If the current date is not within the six-month period that ends on the lapse date of the initial notice, the system will refuse to accept the notice.
- For a termination statement, first mark the name or names of each secured party who authorizes the continuation at the bottom of the screen. No further data entry is required, so you may then click the Review button, and then click the Confirm button in the Review screen.